Notary Public for the Greater New Orleans Area
Full Time Notary Public Monday-Friday 9am to 7pm and Saturdays
Notary Public service in New Orleans, LA is available Monday-Friday 9am-7pm and Saturdays. Our Notary professionals will get your documents notarized quickly, thoroughly and legally, so you’ll be secure knowing that nothing was left out.
A Notary Public is an official of integrity appointed by state government —typically by the secretary of state — to serve the public as an impartial witness in performing a variety of official fraud-deterrent acts related to the signing of important documents. These official acts are called notarizations, or notarial acts. Notaries are publicly commissioned as “ministerial” officials, meaning that they are expected to follow written rules without the exercise of significant personal discretion, as would otherwise be the case with a “judicial” official.
A notary is not a legal entity and can not advise you on how to interpret the law. In other countries there are Notario Publico, which are not the same thing and should not be counted on at this location.
If you wish to employ our services there are Four main componetes of any notary that you will want to check over before coming in to our location.
1. You and all signatories must be present at time of signing.
2. Check over and verify documents are correctly filled out and are the correct type of form.
3. Carefully ID all parties involved. This is usually through a state issued ID, it can however also be a passport or other national level ID as well. This step is usally to confirm that all parties are aware of what they are signing, to prevent any misunderstandings in what they are agreeing with.
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Notary Services
- State-issued driver's license
- State-issued identification card
- U.S. passport issued by the U.S. Department of State
- U.S. military ID
- State, county and local government IDs
- Permanent resident card, or "green card," issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Foreign passport*
- Driver's license officially issued in Mexico or Canada*
4. Complete Notarization. At this point the notary will apply their mark/stamp and return all documents with notarized signatures.
IMPORTANT: A Notary Public is a State Official who verifies the identity of the signer. The signer must show valid picture ID and sign the document in front of the notary only. You cannot get a document notarized for another person.
Notary Fees start at $15 for simple documents with one signature.
Paternity Affidavit Wills Provisional Custody
Successions Residency Affidavit Secretary of State Documents
Auto Titles Bill of Sale Affidavits
Contracts Legal Documents Real Estate Documents
School Permission Slips Medical Release Forms Power of Attorney